Alameda County H.E.A.T. Watch Tip Line: 1-510-208-4959.
Join our mailing list.
“The commercial sexual exploitation of children is the most hidden form of child abuse in North America today. It is the Nation’s least recognized epidemic.” -Richard Estes, University of Pennsylvania, School of Social Work Center for Youth Study.
National Facts on Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEC):
Oakland, CA is a thriving underage sex market, and is the epicenter of a trafficking triangle between San Francisco & Contra Costa counties.
The majority of CSE victims are US citizens, 13 to 15 years old, with some as young as 11.
- Reported 1,782 sex trafficking cases
- Rescued 191 children
- Obtained CSEC related charges on 71 traffickers
- Most cases involved multiple traffickers and child victims of CSE
- Observed a nexus between exploitation & technology in virtually every case
- Almost all cases involved victim and/or an offender utilizing Internet tools, most notably Backpage.com to further the exploitation